Jungle Scout is killing it! We’re educating and empowering tens of thousands of entrepreneurs as they build freedom and financial independence by selling on Amazon. In less than three years, we’ve grown from a solo founder to a global team of 100+ with triple-digit revenue growth, six profitable apps, and a steadfast mission to empower Amazon sellers worldwide.
Now we are looking to add another amazing Senior Full Stack Developer to the team in Vancouver, BC! In this role, you would be responsible for architecting features and new major releases, solving infrastructure scaling problems, mentoring juniors, and more. You would report to an Engineering Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Architect and build. First and foremost, you will be building and architecting new web applications, mobile applications, and microservices that are required, as well as creating new features on our existing applications.
- Make recommendations. You will play an active role in the way we make decisions around technologies to be used for new applications and improvements on existing applications
- Scale, maintain, and improve. As we continue to grow, you’ll anticipate challenges before they happen by maintaining existing codebases and system infrastructures, as well enhancing the development, staging and production environments of our applications.
- Participate and contribute. You’ll have an active hand in code reviews, as well as in project planning and management. You’ll also have input to ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures.
- Passionate mentor. We are firm believers in knowledge sharing and supporting team development. You will coach junior and intermediate developers on programming and infrastructure best practices.
Who you are:
- Master classer. We’re looking for someone who crushes it when it comes to deploying and managing staging and production environments on Heroku and AWS.
- Heavy toolbelt. You know your way around working with both SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.). You understand how they work in detail, and can show your team a thing or two.
- AWS cloud guru. 4+ years experience working with some subset of AWS services, such as: EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS
About Jungle Scout
We’re a group of smart-working, fun-loving professionals working around the world, including offices in Austin, TX, Vancouver, BC and Shenzhen, China. Our software and data services empower entrepreneurs to realize their dreams by selling effectively on Amazon. We save them time and make them money, while educating and providing phenomenal service along the way.
We offer competitive compensation packages, generous vacation policies, coworking benefits and funding for conferences or courses to grow your skills. In addition, the team meets up twice-yearly for an all-expenses-paid retreat. Past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vancouver, Budapest and Mexico. Check us out!