At Jungle Scout, we’re educating and empowering tens of thousands of entrepreneurs as they build freedom and financial independence by selling on Amazon. In less than three years, we’ve grown from a solo founder to a global team of 75 with triple-digit revenue growth!
This growth comes largely from the content marketing strategy that we have prioritized from Day 1: create the most educational, transparent, actionable, and FREE content in the industry. This is stuff that people charge thousands of dollars to access.
We are now looking to bring on Director of Marketing, Content to continue building out our program of best-in-class educational content.
This is an ambitious role to fill, perhaps only a “unicorn” or two may fit this profile: extensive experience in SEO along with a background in spearheading successful SEO strategies across a marketing organization. You have experience leading and developing (with results to back it up) Content, SEO, and Video teams. You understand the nuances and challenges of growing a SaaS product, and also have an expert’s grasp of selling on Amazon (or ecommerce), email marketing, conversion rate optimization, and the general leadership of a team of talented and ambitious digital marketers.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details!
What You Will Do:
- Create Strategy: You are going to be steering the ship for our entire company’s content strategy (that includes Jungle Scout, and 5 other profitable products in our suite--Jump Send, Splitly, Fetcher, Forecastly, and Jungle Market). The foundation of this will be built upon a thorough multi-channel keyword research, to identify opportunities to provide valuable content to our customers. The main channels that you will be focusing on will be Organic Search and YouTube, with considerations for email, social, CRO, paid social, and more.
- Execute: “Vision without action is a daydream”. We like to think that we differentiate ourselves as a company by building a team of scrappy, analytical, and ambitious do-ers. You can complement your strategic plan with the tactical know-how to make it come to fruition. You take pride in the accountability of driving traffic, engagement, leads, and ultimately sales from your content efforts.
- Lead and Recruit: Sure, you may be awesome at planning and creating, but one person can only do so much. You need a team to help execute. We have assembled an awesome team of content creators, video personalities, video editors, and SEO folk that you will be leading on a daily basis. Can you mentor, educate, inspire, and help grow these individuals on a personal and professional level? If your answer is “hell yeah!”, please read on….
Does This Sound Like You?
- A Strong Understanding of Technical SEO: You know the inner workings of how Google’s algorithm works, and understand the levers to pull to incrementally grow organic traffic. You have the acumen identify the high-priority “needle-moving” efforts from the red herrings of busy work that can distract an SEO’s efforts.
- Top 1% Performer: There is no time for excuses, cutting corners, or laziness in your world. Throughout your career, you have stacked up quantifiable results that demonstrates your commitment to getting things done. You have lead marketing teams, and understand the impact of your efforts and how it relates to business metrics and growth. Have you been knee-deep in SaaS-specific metrics? That’s a huge plus.
- Data Guides Your Decisions: Everyone claims to love data these days, but you don’t fall into that trap. You can identify patterns, anomalies, and insights from large blocks of data. It is the foundation of your decision-making process, and continues to lead to consistent wins. From keyword research to competitive analysis to allocating resources and budgets, you are comfortable in the world of data and numbers.
- Strong Video Marketing Skills: You have deep experience with video marketing, and turning YouTube views into rabid fans and ultimately customers. You understand which videos need to be created, how to maximize engagement and visibility, and how to interweave calls-to-action to create a revenue-generating machine from video marketing. Your video marketing strategy and understanding of YouTube analytics can make an immediate impact on the video efforts that Jungle Scout has taken so far.
Here is Who We Are:
Jungle Scout is a group of smart-working, fun-loving professionals working around the world, including offices in Austin, TX and Vancouver, BC. Our software and data services empower entrepreneurs to realize their dreams by selling effectively on Amazon. We save them time and make them money while educating and providing great service along the way.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, generous vacation policies, coworking benefits and funding for conferences or courses to grow your skills. In addition, the team meets up twice-yearly for an all-expenses-paid retreat. Check us out!