If you know the digital marketing world, you know that affiliate marketers drive significant interest, traffic, and revenue. Affiliate marketing is a channel that lends credibility to a company from the get-go.
At Jungle Scout, in under 4 years, we have grown an affiliate network with some of the top influencers in the digital marketing and e-commerce space, recommending our product….all without any active recruiting or management. Our affiliate program was built on inbound interest in a product that hundreds of thousands of sellers and soon-to-be sellers rely on to launch and grow Amazon businesses.
We are now starting to build out our affiliate program and we need your help to ensure that it is a best-in-class program.
What You Will Do:
- Recruit: While we have a fantastic network of affiliates who send high volumes of qualified traffic, there are many thought leaders and affiliates who would crush it if they shared Jungle Scout with their audience. They just need a little bit of attention and information before they realize the opportunity they’ve been missing. It will be one of your primary responsibilities to identify these needle-moving affiliates, and to get them on board to join our affiliate program.
- Manage: “You gotta dance with the one that brought you….” We have an amazing group of affiliates who have helped drive the growth of Jungle Scout to be the industry-leading software for Amazon sellers. These affiliates deserve dedicated support, relationships, and information to help them in their entrepreneurial pursuits of bringing key information to their audiences. You, as the Affiliate Manager, are their conduit to everything that they need at Jungle Scout. The end result is a win-win scenario in which they have all of the tools they need to present Jungle Scout in the best light possible.
- Service: Related to the role of Management above, you will also be providing the intel to share best practices of how they can ramp up their affiliate sales. This is where the foundation of digital marketing expertise comes into play, where you will advise on how the affiliates can maximize their conversion rates and affiliate commissions. This responsibility will help differentiate Jungle Scout as the most personable and fruitful relationship that an affiliate has.
- Revise & Optimize Commission Structures: “Show me the money!” Yes, top affiliates deserve to be compensated properly for their work. This means that commission and payout structure needs to be properly aligned for aligned incentives. What is the right payment tier structure? How should we leverage our 6 profitable SaaS apps to help our affiliates? Which affiliate system is most accurate in tracking conversions? These are just a few of the questions that you will be addressing in this role, leveraging data, trends, and financial analysis to make a well-reasoned and quant-driven decision.
Who you are:
- Extensive Marketing and Sales Experience: This is a role that sits at the intersection of sales and marketing. You have a strong marketing foundation, and the tenacity and technique of a seasoned sales veteran to close deals and grow our network. You have a solid understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, email automations, Facebook advertising, and more. You will be initiating new campaign ideas, outreach campaigns, and marketing strategies every day. There isn’t going to be time to learn the basics on the job.
- Process-Driven: There will be a lot of moving parts, between growing the affiliate network, helping existing customers, and analyzing campaign activity to ensure affiliates are delivering the best possible ROI. Oh, and they will want to get paid exactly when we said they would get paid. We need an efficient and scalable process to keep the trains running on time. You set the schedule, and the process, for this.
- Persuasive Communicator: You are interacting with incredibly smart results-driven entrepreneurs on a daily basis. They will be short on time, and high on expectations. It will be you responsibility to give a cogent pitch on why they need to join the Jungle Scout affiliate program, like, yesterday. Moreover, you will be relying on salesmanship for so many aspects of building a successful affiliate program, that concise and persuasive written and verbal communication is going to be essential.
- Entrepreneurial: There are no set rules to this game, as long as everything is legal, ethical, and no one gets hurt! So with an unlimited upside, the truly successful Affiliate Marketing Manager will get scrappy, entrepreneurial, and proactive on a daily basis. If you thrive under rules and supervision, this may not be for you. If you like the thrill of ambiguity and endless possibilities, let’s speak further…..
Who We Are:
Jungle Scout is a group of smart-working, fun-loving professionals working around the world, including offices in Austin, TX and Vancouver, BC. Our software and data services empower entrepreneurs to realize their dreams by selling effectively on Amazon. We save them time and make them money while educating and providing great service along the way.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, generous vacation policies, coworking benefits and funding for conferences or courses to grow your skills. In addition, the team meets up twice-yearly for an all-expenses-paid retreat.